This model of the 40 gallon Conical Fermenter has a smaller, 4" Sealing Lid. This lid works without a problem; however, it may be considered too small for some. We chose a larger lid for the final design, but this lid works.
Also you will note the location of the Thermometer. It is located below the top support hoop, and therefore will require you to remove the Thermometer before removing it from the stand. We chose to locate the thermometer above the top support ring in the latest version of the tank. Simply dill another set of holes to raise the thermometer port. Take advantage of a great price! Thermometer is sold separately.
This model does have the latest model of stand for the larger Fermenters. We call it the Open Barrel Fermenter Stand. Built of Aluminum, this stand was designed to accommodate larger batches. Holes have been pre-drilled on the bottom ring so you can bolt it in place, or secure it.
The Minibrew® Barrel Maker - 40 Gallon Conical Fermenter
Remove trub and dead yeast from the large bottom valve. Now you can skip the bright beer tank or the secondary fermentation vessel. Save the 30% of the yeast that is live for the next batch. Forget about siphoning as this is too risky when you are brewing a full barrel of beer, or anything else.
Load from the kettle through the bottom valve. Use the racking port for transferring to a keg, specific gravity testing and the opportunity to taste your beer in progress.
Eliminate potential contamination opportunities by completing your fermentation in one vessel.
Experience professional results batch after batch.
Thermometer is sold separately.
Why the Minibrew® 40g Conical Fermenter?
- Arrives Ready to Brew. Assemble, Clean, Sanitize, Fill, and Pitch.
- Durable, Easy to Clean, and Less Expensive than Stainless Steel.
- All Stainless Steel Fittings Included.
- Compact Design with Our Included All Metal Ridged Stand.
- Save Money on Yeast by Reusing Your Live Collected Flocculated Yeast.
- 40 Gallon Capacity Leaves Plenty of Head Space for Your 30-35 Gallon Batch.
- Our Fermenters are Proudly Made Right Here in the USA.
1. Now we offer a sealed top. It is 6" in diameter access port. Just large enough to reach inside for cleaning or if you prefer a CIP thread in the top center.
2. The Minibrew Fermenter has 5/16 inch wall thickness, with a unique 60 degree conical bottom and cylindrical top gives a more complete fermentation and faster.
3. Our rigid all metal construction stand is very stable.
4. Three stainless steel weld-less EZ Seal Weld-Less Bulkhead fittings.
◦ 1 x 1 Inch
◦ 2 x 1/2 inch
5. Stainless steel valves and fittings are included.
◦ 1 x 1 inch valve for loading, filling and harvesting flocculating yeast.
◦ 1x 1/2 inch valve for racking, tasting, and gravity samples.
◦ 1x vinyl 1/2 by 3/8 barb fitting is included for connecting to a bottling line or keg filling tube
6. Airlock and cork. Thermometer is sold separately.
7. All assembly instructions.
The fermenter, when in the stand, measures 61" tall and 23" wide.